Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Our First Fieldtrip

Wray's Fruit Farm in Clay City, IL

We got lost trying to get to the farm. We stopped at a nice house out in the country to get directions. The woman helped me to go in the right direction. The neat thing was she had a pet deer named "Skittles." I've never know anyone to actually have a pet deer before. Abigail and Emma and Josiah loved seeing it. I wish I could have gotten a photo of it!

We learned how to pick an apple correctly. We each got to pick a red apple and a green apple.



The children listened pretty well.


They had to follow the leader since there is poison ivy in some of the trees.


Josiah did really well picking.

He's making sure there are two apples in his bag!




We got to try fresh apple cider. It was really good.


There was a very cute grey and white kitty cat that the girls all loved to pet.

They were shown how the apples are washed and bagged.

No comments: