Owen Andrew is one week old today. Right now Abigail and Josiah are enjoying some time with Mama and Papa for a few days. This is a special treat for them. My mother has been staying with us to help out.
Yesterday we went to the pediatrician for Owen. I was concerned since Owen had lost 9% of his birth weight before leaving the hospital and the doctors do not like it when they make it to 10%. However, the pediatrician said she was impressed at how much weight he had gained back. He was back up to 7lbs 13oz. He is nearly back to his birth weight after 6 days and she says it usually takes 14. So I was encouraged. The doctor thought that I must have been supplementing with formula, which I had not done. I thought about it though. I’m glad I did not do it now.
3 comments:
I am just now reading this, so this is a bit delayed but I want to say AWESOME job nursing Owen back to such a healthy weight so quickly! I am sure the doctor is not used to people coming back without supplementing with formula! It's not easy, but you are doing amazing!
Cute!!!!
Been praying and wondering how you all are doing? We were reading Travis' blog, but there have been no updates for some time. Praying all is well with your sweet family!
The Kirchers
Post a Comment