Tuesday, January 8, 2013

2012 Highlights

I can’t really begin to catch up all of what has happened so here are some highlights of 2012

February – Travis was hired full time as Associate Pastor of Evangelism and Discipleship at the church we attend.  Church discovered termite damage in the parsonage that we would move into so we had to make new plans.  Josiah turned 5.  Then we discovered the house next to church was for sale.  We were approved for exactly what the house was on the market for.  We prayed and began process of buying the house.

March- We bought the house which is literally right next to the church and moved in at the end of the month.  We love the commute!

Our New Home 

April – I hurt my left knee coming down the stairs toward the end of the month.  I didn’t realize how badly I hurt it.

May- Traveled to see friends who lived 10 hours away despite my hurt knee.  And then found out later I needed surgery.

June- I had surgery on my knee.

July – The church thru us an old fashioned “Pounding” to welcome us to their church family.  It was wonderful to receive gift cards, food, paper products etc.  It helped us out tremendously.  Travis turned 38!  2 more years…

August – Owen turned one

Owen-80Owen-69

Sept – Abigail turned 9 and was Baptized!

Abigail Tea PartyDSC01263

Oct – I turned 35. We took family pictures.

Peterson-6Peterson-19

Peterson-12Peterson-13

Peterson-1Peterson-34Peterson-29Peterson-21

November – began selling handmade necklaces to raise money for Chinese Orphan ministry.

A mother's nest

December – Enjoyed Christmas season

We made our annual peppermint fudge. 

DSC01491

This year it turned out the closest to the fudge I tried the first time.  To read about the story behind the fudge go here

DSC01493

Our annual Christmas party with the Geists.  Travis and Tj playing cribbage and Abigail and Jaylyn decorating Christmas cookies.

DSC01500

DSC01501DSC01502

Christmas Eve my father came down for a visit.

DSC01526DSC01531

DSC01522DSC01523DSC01524DSC01525

DSC01517DSC01519

Christmas morning before leaving for Carbondale and Dongola.

DSC01486

I praise God for all of the wonderful things we received this year.  It has been a year of changes but we have learned many things and are thankful.  I pray we will not forget what God has done for us this year in providing for our needs. 

No comments: